Technovation Changes Girls’ Lives
Technovation has been inspiring and educating girls and women to solve problems using Technovation for the past 5 years, so we’ve been able to collect a lot of data. Most girls have never started anything or taken a Computer Science class before Technovation, but many were transformed after the program.
- 70% of alumnae were more interested in entrepreneurship after Technovation than before
- 70% of alumnae took further Computer Science courses after Technovation when given an opportunity
- 94% of alumnae believe that tech careers are good for women
- 44% of college-age alumnae who had already selected a major chose Computer Science vs .4% of college women overall (according to AAUW.org) based on preliminary alumnae survey data; we’re following up with a second survey to check these astounding results
Technovation Changes Mentors’ Lives
Did you know that one of the first women to graduate from the most prestigious technology startup incubator, YCombinator, was inspired to apply because of her experience with Technovation? Technovation helps professional women in some surprising ways.
- 75% of mentors said Technovation helped their own professional development
- 76% of mentors said Technovation increased their knowledge about entrepreneurship
- 62% of mentors said Technovation increased or refreshed their own technical skills
For me, technology wasn’t an option. I never thought about doing something in technology. But [after Technovation], it’s totally in my mind to do something in the technology field.